Dance Administration is responsible for the planning and implementation of dance courses and workshops. Communication with dance teachers and students is the core task in this resort. Communication with students, as well as matching and course confirmations, can be done by a second person.
- Initiate the hiring of new dance teachers (be the contact person, issue contracts, hand them over to VSETH, have teacher profiles drawn up)
- Coordination of teachers regarding lessons and classrooms with the help of the selected dance teachers
- Create dance syllabus (in consultation with the dance teachers)
- Regular meetings with teaching staff (delegated to selected dance teachers if necessary, participation still desirable)
- Visit dance teachers in lessons (at own discretion)
- Preparation and updating of terms and conditions for dance lessons
- Communication with dance students
- Matching and course confirmations
- Checking the payroll
Dance administration requires a high level of communication and organization. Solving puzzles (curriculum creation and matching) is also an important part of this department. A term of office of more than one year is recommended, as routine and experience simplify many things. It is not necessary to be a dance teacher, but it is an advantage.
At the beginning of each course period the workload of the dance administration is very high. For the two parts (course and student administration) 10 hours of work per quarter can be expected.
Head of dance administration
The head of dance administration is a board member and is in close contact with the many teachers and the team members.
The matchmaker. This task is all about dance students. Matching single subscriptions, accepting course registrations and communicating with students is a challenging and intense task, in particular at the beginning of each course period four times a year.
The teacher coordinators are responsible for a sub-group of dance teachers. They collect information required by the dance administration, organize regular teacher meetings and periodically rethink the teaching concept of their particular field of dance. Ideally, the teacher coordinator has some experiences in teaching, but this is not required.