



# General Meeting

Sunday, November 24<sup>th</sup> 2024

## Time

15:00 - 16:30

## Location

Online, Rüschtikon

## Board

Matthias Mayer, Cora Tampe, Lucas Münster, Cara Ammann, ~~Robin Renggli~~, Lena Meyer (online), ~~Alexandre Eisig~~, Lorenzo Petrella, Carolina Nolasco

## Team & Guests

Luca Kissling (online)

## Kategorisierung der Punkte

Dieser Abschnitt dient nur als Hilfe und soll nach erstellen des Protokolls gelöscht werden

0' **[Feststellung]** Manchmal stellen wir Tatsachen fest **Name**

0' **[Information]** Gewisse Dinge sind einfach Infos für alle **Name**

Infos werden nur am Meeting angesprochen, wenn Unklarheiten sind. Hier gehören detaillierte Informationen hin zu euren Ressorts, die eine Wichtigkeit haben für die anderen.

0' **[Anregung]** Wir wollen etwas machen oder ändern **Name**

0' **[Diskussion]** Wir diskutieren mal **Name**

Gut wäre, wenn die Diskussionen so vorbereitet werden, dass sie in einem Entscheidungsvorschlag enden

0' **[Entscheidung]** Wir diskutieren und entscheiden **Name**

Vorschlag: A oder B, Hintergrund zur Entscheidung plus Argumente zu jeder Seite notieren



## Mitteilungen Ressorts

Gebt einen kurzen Überblick:

- Was ist seit dem letzten Board Meeting in euren Ressorts passiert?
- Woran habt ihr gearbeitet?
- Was steht als nächstes an?

### Präsidium

Meeting with SDE-organizers took place → we are going to continue the contract and they are doing some changes in their SDE-concept to attract more people. They are organizing something like a J&J in autumn. → ask Robin for more infos in case you are interested

### Räume

Ich habe angefangen, die Räumlichkeiten für die vorlesungsfreie Zeit zu reservieren. Zusätzlich hatte ich noch ein Meeting bezüglich dem GLT. Die Lage ist nun etwas beruhigt und sie sind uns gegenüber eigentlich wohlwollend.

Eine Verbesserung könnte noch in der Planung und Umsetzung der Polyball-Crashkurse passieren. Dieses Jahr wurde die Anzahl nötiger Räume klar überschätzt und ein grosser Teil stand somit leer.

### ETDS

The change of budget was accepted at the MR. Next week we will get an offer for the contract with the venue and approval of the commune (Wettingen) if sleeping in the sleeping hall is okay. The venue is pretty confident that this should be no problem.

During the TQ work weekend we had some brainstorming going on for different tasks in different ressorts. The goal was to get an overview of all tasks for the work dossiers of each ressorts and see whether they are overlaps between ressorts for specific tasks (e.g. working together with music bands).



## 10' Begrüßung & Check-In

### [Feststellung] Check-In

What are you looking forward to for next week.

Carolina & Matthias: polyball!

Lucas: To work. And motivate people at Get to Know TQ

Lorenzo: Day after polyball.

Cara & Luca: the end of the week.

Lena: Massage course!

Cora: finally have a closet and a shelf, no more boxes in my room.

Time: 5 mins

### [Feststellung] Protokollführer:in & Zeitperson

### [Feststellung] Beschlussfähigkeit

Es sind 7 Vorstände anwesend. Wir sind beschlussfähig.

### [Entscheid] Agenda

geplante Zeit	Traktanden Punkt	tatsächliche Zeit
15:00		

### [Entscheid] Genehmigung des letzten Protokolls

☰ 2024-10-25 Tanzquotient Boardmeeting

6 agree. 1 abstained for 10.11.2024.

☰ 2024-11-10 Tanzquotient Boardmeeting

5 agree. 2 abstained for protocol of 25.10.2024.

Time: 5 minutes



## Internes

### 0' [Information] Motivation in TQ

### Arbeitswochenende

Main conclusions:

- What does TQ offer to people who work for TQ? → Almost nothing?
- What is the reason that we are still here? → The people?
- Why don't we spend more time with the people? → Individual answer

In general the community feeling in the board/team was lost compared to two years ago. This is due to multiple reasons:

- We don't see each other weekly!
  - Working instead of studying
  - Salsa vs. Ballroom → Not everyone at Open Dancing
- When was the last time all board members were at the board meeting?
  - Availabilities for each person are different
  - Rarely people go for a drink after a meeting (not the feeling of a community but more like work)
- Not many events in general
  - Team meetings with cake
  - More team building
  - Bring back Thank-You-Eating before the Dance Parties
  - ...

Maybe think about it yourself...

Time: 2 minutes

### 5' [Entscheid] Notion

### Arbeitswochenende

Notion is not used much and the templates can also be created in a Google Document. Additionally it is annoying to get all people to Notion when they don't want to use it.

Choice A: Drop Notion and implement it in Google Drive/Discord.

Choice B: Keep Notion.

Choice C: Phase out Notion. Up to Ressorts to use it unofficially. No mandatory platform.

[Cora: what do you want to do? How would it work on Google Drive?](#)

[Luca: if nobody uses Notion, it is useless anyway. Cara used it for Springball, but a template would work as well. We need templates for TODO lists.](#)

[Cora: templates on Notion were not used. We can leave Notion open to every Ressort to use by themselves.](#)



Lucas: yesterday we got to the conclusion that we will not force anyone to use it. We try to minimize the number of platforms and use personal platforms as necessary. Proposal: keep Notion, but not part of onboarding. Phase out.

Carolina: we don't add new users to Notion by default.

Matthias: we had a TODO list on Notion for board meetings to assign tasks to board members randomly.

Cora: everyone is responsible for getting the TODOs done. Ideally we should check in at the next board meeting.

Lena: We should have a TODO at the end of a board meeting and check at the next board meeting.

Matthias: what about tasks that take longer than a month to complete?

Cora: we can copy past to the next board meeting. We can try this or go to a Google Docs.

Votes: 2 for A, 5 for C.

Lorenzo to update the onboarding page.

Time: 10 minutes

## 10' **[Diskussion]** No-Comment Policy Discord    **Arbeitswochenende**

The general voice of the discussion was the following:

- Reading messages on the Discord is okay
- Commenting unasked must be done carefully or better not
- Reaching out to the responsible board member/person and offer help is okay

What do other people think about this? How do we communicate this (Onboarding, Welcome message in Discord by a Chat Bot)?

Lucas providing summary. Proposing to have private channels for just the Ressort and Praesidium.

Carolina: the idea was to simplify Discord to newcomers.

Cara: make life easier for them. They can scroll down and ignore other channels. Why force them to have an easier life?

Cara: private threads can be useful.

Matthias: we need different channels. For the future different threads should be created.

Lucas: best is to vote on this.

Carolina: only intern channel is private?

Lena: the tone within the chats doesn't feel great / passive aggressive commenting. There is the issue of people commenting too much. Requires extra time to address unsolicited comments. We should only have effective discussions. No commenting would be good.



Lucas: how to monitor.

Lena: no monitor, see if it works.

Cora: how to inform team members?

Matthias: need to be careful on how it is phrased, might be demotivating.

Lena: if not tagged, only comment if it helps.

Lena: the problem is both people commenting and not being contributive to it.

Lucas: agree.

Cora: can you (Lena) write a message summarising this.

Time: 13 minutes

## 5' [Entscheid] Team-Feeling in TQ

## Arbeitswochenende

The discussion of Saturday came to the following proposal:

Proposal 1: Offer a weekly TQ working session → TQ Office, Wednesday afternoon 4 - 7 pm.  
AND

Proposal 2: Having a resort team meeting until the end of January. After that REGULARLY (at minimum once a semester).

Cara: we got feedback, ranted about lack of motivation in TQ. Proposal as outlined above.

Lucas: strongly in favor of proposal 1. It helped me with Cora. Don't know if I have time but I would like to try it out.

Carolina: like both proposals. time blocking helps to get stuff done. Does every team member know where the office is?

7 in favor of proposal 1.

7 in favor of proposal 2.

Cora: every board member to schedule the meeting. Lena could meet with Dance Admin people.

Time: 6 minutes

## 0' [Information] Awareness

## Arbeitswochenende

We should take care of anything people bring officially to us in an official way.

Though, victim protection is important, only do what the victim approves.

Cora: recounts as above. Need to make sure we only do stuff that the victim approves.

Lena: we can always help as a friend if not possible as a TQ-official way.

Time: 2 minutes



## Events

### 10' [Diskussion] Communication: ETDS - TQ Board

Luca

I discussed the finances with Lucas:

- There will be bi-weekly meetings to give each other updates.
- Finances will be separated internally
- A Finances-person could act as 'Götti' and sit in our meetings as an observer

What is the frequency and form of Updates the board expects from the ETDS?

What happens with this decision if most of the board members leave TQ the coming year?

Luca: budget approved, contract next week. Gemeinde Wettingen has not replied but will follow up to see what the requirements are. What do you want from me based on last board meeting. Most of the board members will not be in TQ the coming year. Had a briefing with Lucas to check the budget. Finances will be handled separately internally so that TQ main budget is not being used. A finance person can be observer at the ETDS meetings. What is the frequency of updates required.

Cora: I like the Götti thing but it doesn't need to be restricted to the Finance person. Updates should come at board meetings or written. Maybe intensity depending on the progress. With proper handover of tasks, turnover in TQ board should not be an issue.

Lucas: agree with latter point. Not sure if an update every board meeting is enough, especially getting closer to the event. Not that many board meetings until ETDS.

Matthias: written update every 2 weeks was mentioned at last board meeting.

Cora: why not at wednesday work time?

Matthias: better not orally.

Carolina: agree. written weekly/bi-weekly or schedule a board meeting if further discussion is discussed.

Luca: a big written document (German)?

Matthias: checked notes from today, missing pictures from Notion.

Luca: I am responsible for internal communication of ETDS.

Matthias: send meeting notes?

Cora: would be a lot of notes. But big updates should be included regularly.

Cara: why not make ETDS a resort? Why does Luca need to report?

Cora: it is a 120k budget.

Cara: it feels like Luca needs to report more than board members.

Matthias: proper meeting notes would be sufficient.



Carolina: no need to translate all material in English. A short update and a link to the notes would be enough.

Cora: we don't need a perfect summary. But that there was a meeting and what happened. Weekly is currently too much. Wednesday meetings could facilitate this.

Lucas: finance-wise. Problem is that it is a huge event with a lot of invoices. It would be nice if someone within ETDS does it. But we can only have two KSV handling the finances. If VSETH is unhappy about ETDS it is going to be because of finances.

Luca: I am the person responsible for finances within ETDS. If Lucas gets help, that person could be the ETDS KSV.

Cora: crazy detailed list is not required.

Luca: makes sense, can do.

Cora: what about handover.

Luca: I trust a proper handover is going to happen.

Cora: how is the summary going to be provided?

Luca: I will come to Lorenzo for discord and maybe create an update channel

Lucas: Luca → what challenges do you see with other board members next year?

Luca: maybe they want to change format.

Lucas: that should not happened when we vote them in.

Luca: we discussed about sponsors. When we do ads via plakate, sponsors such as Migros t

Time: 20 minutes

## **IT**

## **Lorenzo**

### **5' Discussion**

Lorenzo: permissions issue, board has access to common email but now for the groups its not sure. I will reach out to each ressort, sort this out once so that is done. This way, when a new member joins, we only need to add them to the corresponding ressort. I'll check individually with each board member

Luca: structure with vorstand /team cannot be changed (VSETH rules)

Lorenzo: it's a matter to who the permissions are assigned to.

Time: 4 minutes





## Finanzen

### 15' [Diskussion] Salaries for advanced teachers

Lucas

There are new teachers for the Group Training on Friday.

Normally teachers get 30 CHF per hour when they start new but advanced teachers get 80 CHF per hour (e.g. Vova).

Is this still reasonable or do we need to update this?

Lucas: We never defined when we start paying 80 CHF. Some teacher is very good but not licensed. Should we introduce something in between? Some teachers are better qualified than entry level but not as advanced teachers.

Cora: e.g. Chris doesn't get 80 if he is teaching something that some TQ teacher can teach. Because of time, we will not get an answer today. Need to decide whether we need 3 pay grades and how to define them.

Lena: there should be a discussion for the sake of fairness so that highly qualified Salsa/Bachata teachers get a higher pay. Need to meet and set rules for this.

Lucas: would like input from salsa and ballroom admin to have a proposal to the board.

Luca: it makes sense to update the rules for the next year.

Cora: might not manage by the end of the year.

Matthias: we would need a quick decision for Alex.

Lena: he is teaching a course that is normally paid 30?

Matthias: no, everyone else is paid 80. He will start in the next 2 weeks.

Lena: let's be consistent for now and get back to him once a framework is defined.

Time: 13 minutes

## Tanzadmin

## Kommunikation & Marketing

### 5' [Diskussion] WhatsApp-Community

Arbeitswochenende

Who should be admin in the WA-Community? Suggestion:

- Board
- Communication
- Chief of Subressorts (e.g. Nadia as group admin for Ballroom-Training)



Not Event-People as the correct way to advertise for an event is via the Communication-Team.

Luca: adding or removing people.

Matthias: motion to move forward. Or maybe not. Might need further discussion.

Time: 3 minutes

## 5' [Diskussion] WhatsApp-Replacement Chat    **Arbeitswochenende**

Proposal 1: create a whatsapp replacement chat with the following rules written in the description chat:

- No full couple replacements
- Do not sign up as a replacement if you don't have the level

Proposal 2: The teachers create a chat per course, replacements are managed internally, teachers propose searching for replacements if they see a high imbalance

Note from discussions: no desire for separate website feature, we do not want to "encourage" replacement

Carolina: IT feature for replacements.

Matthias: seems like we are endorsing replacements.

Carolina: have a separate chat for replacements, and make guidelines clear to dancers. Or proposal 2.

Lena: in favor of proposal 2. We (as teachers) invite people among friends if there is a missing lead/follow.

Cora: teachers can still decide whether to not do anything, invite friends or write in the general chat.

Carolina: what do we tell the community?

Cora & Lena: inform the dance teacher.

Matthias: writes proposal for message to the community, Alex to inform teachers.k

Time: 7 minutes

## 2' [Anregung] ETDS-Sponsoring and Social Media    **Luca**

Assumption: ETDS advertisement is also over the TQ Social Media. (True or not?)

If ETDS gets some sponsors, e.g. Migros Kultur, is it okay for TQ to have them as sponsors on the Social Media Account?

I suggest I discuss it with Carolina directly but I wanted to bring it up at the board meeting as this may spark a general discussion.

Matthias: you cannot put anything you want on a poster. Doesn't matter where it is put.



Carolina: we only send it to plakate for hanging up physically. VSETH checks that logos complies with logo rules. I currently don't know if putting the logo is an issue or not. Do you need to know before getting a sponsor.

Luca: we can wait to get a sponsor. the ETDS team does not want a big sponsor banner, but willing to put on posters.

Carolina: will ask VSETH.

Matthias: should not be a problem.

Luca: will come to presidency for signing big contracts, keys, course admin for ETDS specific courses.

## Varia

## 10' Abschluss

### [Feststellung] Check-Out

### [Entscheid] Nächste Sitzung

Thursday, December 12th 2024

## To do

- Lorenzo: changes Notion on onboarding list
- Lena: Message on (no)-comment policy
- Carolina: check about advertisements for ETDS
- Lucas (and Tanzadmins): Proposal for the payment structure of teachers
- Matthias: write message about replacements, then
  - Alex: Informs teacher about replacement structure
- everyone: bilateral discussions about presidency